There are many of us who would love to boost our metabolism. With a high metabolism, you burn fat quickly with a minimal amount of activity. This is the rate that your body makes and uses energy to support your life.
There are several things that affect your metabolism: the amount of muscle you have, the frequency of meals you consume, your genes, how much stress you deal with every day, your diet and your activity level. Your metabolism can slow down because of muscle loss due to little physical activity.
Here are a few ways to boost YOUR metabolism:
1. Build lean muscle mass. It is natural to lose muscle mass as you age but it is possible to stop this from happening. The amount of muscle you have is a strong factor in your body’s ability to burn calories and lose fat. This makes it obvious in how important exercise really is. You should work out your muscles at least 3 days a week. Doing simple things like taking the stairs instead of an elevator is an easy way to burn additional calories. The key to a higher metabolism is to also match the amount of times you eat to the amount of activity in your day.
Here are some guidelines you can use to get the right amount of exercise:
For strength training:
Article source : phenq diet pill – http://www.sportzfuel.com/.
Increase your repetitions in each set.
Increase your level of resistance.
Use different exercises in your routine.
For cardiovascular training:
Use intervals between each exercise.
Add cross-training to your routine.
Increase resistance and speed.
2. Don’t forget to eat breakfast. It’s surprising how many skip this meal not realizing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You might be surprised to find the thinnest people are the ones who eat breakfast every day. Your metabolism can slow down a lot of you eat breakfast later in the day or skip it altogether.
3. Skip the sugar. Sugar helps your body store fat. Stabilizing your blood sugar will keep body fat at bay and increasing you physical activity will also stabilize your blood sugar.
4. Add spicy foods to your diet. Amazingly, spicy foods increase your metabolism.
5. Don’t skimp on sleep. According to scientific research, people who don’t get enough sleep tend to gain weight. Muscles regenerate at this crucial time so make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
6. Drink a lot of water. Water flushes out toxins that are your body produces when you burn fat. A lot of your body functions involve water and a lack of it will decrease bodily functions and produce unneeded bodily stress.
7. Eat smaller meals. You should eat 5-6 small meals a day about 2-3 hours apart. Skipping meals decreases your body’s metabolism.8. Never skip meals. People tend to skip meals in order to lose weight, which is a big mistake since it slows down metabolism.
Achieving your desired body weight is not hard to do. You just need determination and discipline to achieve an optimum level of fat burning and get the weight loss you’re looking for. Eating right and exercising should be a normal routine of your day and a normal way of life.